Friday, January 23, 2009

Arts & Crafts, Sock Monkeys, and Lolly n Pops

John was out of town this week so Turner, Mercy, Lexus, and I loaded the car and headed to Perryton. Yes, I know you're probably thinking I'm crazy for taking a road trip with the baby and the dogs for 4 hours all by myself...but I have to say it was super easy. Both Turner & the dogs are such good travelers. The minute we hit the highway they fall sound a sleep!
Turner getting kisses from his Pops!
Turner and his sweet Lolly.
So this past Saturday, I had an itch for being crafty! I hadn't really done anything since our adoption scrapbook. My sister has been making Turner some t-shirts for the summer so I decided to make a trip to Hobby Lobby to see what fun things I could find to make Turner some winter shirts..and out of the 5 shirts I made him, only 3 turned out! John isn't too fond of the motorcycle shirt..thinks it's a little too girly! But I think it's adorable!
Turner and his Grandma Rose. On Thursday, Turner and I took Grams to Amarillo to get her treatments. We had such a fun time shopping, eating out, and spending time with her. She sat in the back seat with Turner on the way home and kept him entertained. It was priceless to hear him laughing at her! We love you Grams

Turner continues to want to stand all the time!! He may just skip crawling and go straight to walking!

Lolly & Turner take 2!
THANKS LOLLY AND POPS FOR SUCH A FUN WEEK.... We can't wait to see you in Norman in a few weeks!
Mema made Turner this adorable sock monkey when he was born and he is really liking to play with it now. He's reaching for it and snuggling with it! He especially likes to suck on the hands.
This is another shirt I made for Turner..you can't really see it very good but it has a picture of John, Turner and me. John thought I needed to paint Turner chocolate, so on the 1st practice shirt I did and when it came time to wash it the paint ruined the shirt! Oh well!








3 comments:

Sweet Patience said...

I love the T shirts and the sock monkey. It looks like something that I have seen in a book. She has great sewing skills!
He is growing and filling out!

Molly said...

Oh my how I have missed my Turner pictures this week! So glad to hear you were well entertained with your family though!

I love all of the fun stuff you did! It looks adorable!

My mother-in-law bought a stocking from potterybarn for Sadie for Christmas with a ballerina on it. She was so sad she couldn't find a coco one, so she bought the nilla one and got some brown fabric marker and colored her! She took a black sharpie and did her hair! oh my goodness is she adorable now! I will have to get a picture of it to share!

Lollynpops said...

Lolly and Pops enjoyed your visit so much. Chas, you are such a good Mama. I am so very proud of what you have become. Turner, you have to be the sweetest and cutest baby ever. Your Lolly loves you so much and can't wait to see you again.