Monday, December 22, 2008

Heavy on my heart....


On Saturday we got to see Turner's b-mom again...and I have to say, it was really hard this time. My heart literally ached for her. I can see how much she loves Turner and I can't seem to put my mind around how difficult it must be for her to leave him. She came back into the room twice to give him one last kiss and say "I love you"....I chocked back tears the entire way home. It's such a mix of emotions I never knew I would experience. I'm filled with such joy and gratitude but at the same time I feel so much pain in knowing how difficult the holidays are going to be this year for her. Her love for our little boy is a constant reminder of God's love for us. Despite the enormous pain it caused, he put aside his own desires and gave up his only son so that we might have ever lasting life. And that's exactly what Turner's birth mom did. There is no doubt, this wasn't the easy way out for her ...but she put aside the great pain and grief she had and did what was best for her son. A mirror image of God's love for you and me. Oh how I pray that God will give her peace, love, and protection today and all the days that follow.

Mommy's little reindeer
Those kissable little lips & big brown eyes....
Sleeping peacefully in his birth mother's arms. Oh how we love her... I talk about her every single day to Turner. I never want him to forget her or the never ending love she has for him.








3 comments:

Aunt CC said...

I love you!!!!

Laura said...

Chassidy, wow! First, I love the picture of you holding Turner in front of the tree....so sweet. Everytime I was around Mandy (Owen & Cooper's birth mom) I felt that same overwhelming feeling, and they were my nephews. I will be praying for Turner's birth mom and for peace specifically for her during the holidays and the days to come. I love your heart....

Molly said...

Oh Chassidy. I know those feelings oh so well. I remember feeling that way leaving the hospital with Owen and Cooper, such excitement and at the same time such profound loss for Mandy. We left the hospital with Cooper on Thanksgiving day. I was so mad they discharged us that day...they had no clue, but I didn't want Mandy to go home and spend Thanksgiving without us, without the boys. I wanted to bring her home with us, but knew that wouldn't be appropriate either.

I wish I could tell you how to get through this. I can't tell you how much adoption has changed me in so many ways. I believe this is one of the biggest ways, just opening my eyes to the love of Christ in a new deep and intimate way. I can tell it has changed you too. I will be praying for you. I love you sweet girl!