Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Playing catch up!

Another week behind us! Now that I'm back to work, it seems like time is flying by and there is never enough of it! On Saturday, we attended a trans-racial parenting class hosted by our amazing adoption agency. Saying it was incredible is a huge understatement. I'll blog about it later, once I get my heart, mind, hands around all that we learned! Check out my dear friend Molly's blog about our class. God has certainly blessed her with an amazing way with words http://www.shockleyfamily.blogspot.com/
The second half of the class was discussing ethnic hair care and boy did we learn a lot. I immediately went to the store and bought just about everything she recommended! After trying most of the leave in conditioners and other products, I have to be honest.. I still think it looks better with nothing in it at all!
One highlight of the training class was Turner and Sadie! Every time we're together, Molly and I always forget our cameras..but not this time! They were too cute together. Sadie couldn't stop looking at Turner and he was in awe of her as well!
A year ago this week, Molly was sweet enough to meet me for coffee and share their adoption journey. What a blessing Molly has been. Her passion and heart for adoption got me all fired up! The next day, I called Deaconess and the rest is history! Molly, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU a million times over for sharing your heart and love for adoption . It has changed our lives forever! And I will always be grateful to you.
I think it's love at 1st sight, don't you?
This was priceless, Sadie reached for Turner, and he started sucking on her fingers! Oh well!
Turner is definitely a little flirt!
So on Monday, I had my 1st overnight trip to Nebraska away from my two favorite men! I think John thought I was crazy with all of the instructions I gave him...as if he didn't already know all of it..but it made me feel a little better. I was only gone for 24 hours but it seemed like forever! I couldn't get on the plane soon enough this morning! John was such a sweetheart to send me an email in the middle of the night telling me when Turner woke up and when he fed him...and yes, I woke up several times just to check my email's for that reason.
Turner was so glad mommy was home. He had the biggest grin on his precious little face! And so was mommy! He was such a little snug bug when I came home today! Fell fast asleep in my arms....It was too precious
You'll always be mommy's little angel
Grandma & Grandpa's Christmas present to Turner. He's not 6 months as is recommended on the box, but John & I think he's "advanced" so he's ready to play! He loves standing and hugging the monkey. If I could read his mind in this picture, I'm sure he's saying " Mommy, you can let go of me...I can stand all by myself...I'm a big boy now!"

I love this little outfit, he looks like a little man getting ready for his daily workout
So much for expensive toys, Turner's new favorite toy: an orange Joe's cup!










,

8 comments:

Lollynpops said...

Oh my, that Sadie is a little doll. I bet they will be great friends along with her brothers. I can see them now, boys against that sweet little girl. Chas it is no surprise that John knew exactly what to do, he is such a great Papa and on top of that such a sweet son-in-law. We are so blessed that he came into your life. We love you guys, Lolly and Pops

Molly said...

Well, what a sweet post! I have been dying to talk to you about the workshop! We tried the "mixed chicks" hair sample and the guys loved it! Sorry it didn't work too well for Turner!

We can't wait to get together with you guys again. What I wouldn't give to be your neighbor! Love the pics of the kids together! My family (even my sisters!) is rooting for these two!

Anonymous said...

It makes me so happy to read about you guys... I'm always waiting for new pics :)

Love you!

Aunt CC said...

OMG...those two kids are so cute together! The intense look on Turners face as they were looking at eachother is so funny...He is going to be a ladies man for sure!!!

I ment to call John the other night, but like I said, I knew he had it under control...you and Turner are so lucky to be blessed with such a great father and husband...yeah I can say I have enjoyed John ALWAYS:) love yall and keep posting great blogs...

ps
"Turner, I love you!"

Becki Francy said...

Well you have NO idea who I am...all that matters is that I am "Molly's" sister. Thank you for the kind words about my sister. She is such an inspiration. She is an amazing woman of faith, and I think an amazing example. I have been watching Turner for ages, and I think he is totally adorable. I will have to interview him before approving him and Sadie Cakes....

Debbie Felix said...

I love all of sweet Turner's precious pictures. My goodness how he is growing.....too fast.
He is such a little boy doll.
Hugs and Kisses from Aunt Deb!

Jessica said...

Love that smile!

I, too, had my first overnight on Monday night! I was in Dallas. Everything went great (of course) but it seriously seemed like 36 hours after I left I came home to a new kid. He was talking and laughing more than ever, and had moved a diaper size. Literally overnight!

John did great taking care of him on his own, except he dressed him backwards on Tuesday! Too funny, those men!

Sweet Patience said...

Beautiful pictures of your Turner and Sadie. Turner is growing so quickly! That was a touching story to hear about how another journey inspired you to move forward with adoption. I am sure that you two will be forever connected! Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Kristy