Friday, March 6, 2009

Happy 5 month Birthday Turner!

It's hard to believe today our little angel is 5 months old! Oh how I fall more and more in love with Turner as each day passes! He brings so much joy to John & me. This morning when I was rocking him and saying our morning prayer, tears filled my eyes when I praised God for his birth mom, C. It still brings me to my knees when I think about how selfless she was to give us her son.
" Reality is that life doesn't always go the way we think it should or how we have it planned perfectly in our minds. There is no doubt though that God sees the full picture when nothing makes sense to our human minds or hearts. You imagine life as a jigsaw puzzle, God holds the box top seeing how the finished picture will look. We are unique pieces in this puzzle each helping to make up the complete picture of life."
I have this quote on my computer screen at work and it truly sums up the past 3 years for John & I. At times, I had no idea what God was doing after all the failed attempts at fertility treatments and all the heart break that went along with that....but oh how God knew exactly what he planned for our family. How thankful am I for his faithfulness! There was a precious little boy who needed a very special mommy & papa to love him.
Thank you God for holding our hearts in your hand. And never leaving our side.
In true Chassidy fashion, I had to make his 5 month pictures special! And happened to have left over party hats from Dad & Aunt CC's birthday. He sure thought it was funny wearing the hat. He kept looking up trying to see it! When pictures were over, that's when the fun began. Turner loved playing with the brightly colored party hat!
Happy 5 month Birthday sweet baby Turner!

Turner sporting shorts in March! Gotta love this 80 degree weather...only in Oklahoma
On Tuesday, I decided Turner was a big boy now, and has been doing so good sitting up, that it was time to say goodbye to the car seat and say hello to the big boy stroller! He looks like a little toddler in this picture! He's going to be a big kiddo. He's pushing 20 pounds and is already in 6 month clothes and will be ready for 9 months before I know it!
Have a fantastic weekend!




4 comments:

Aunt CC said...

Happy 5 mths Turner Boy!!! See you soon:)

Lollynpops said...

Turner we have never been so blessed as we are now. Happy 5th month....We love the party hat. Pops and Lolly are stealing Aunt CC
Sugar this weekend. Also going to see your cousins Emmerson, Evan and Adlee. Wish you were here. Love you, Lolly

Molly said...

Love these pictures! Love that sweet hat. He looks so big and his hair looks great!

Thanks for sharing! I love the part where you talk about God's great plan in your lives...and I love that quote.

Katie M said...

Will you send me an electronic picture of the second one in his party hat? I want to frame it!! (Or whichever recent picture is your favorite...)