Thursday, November 20, 2008

Adoption update

Many of you have been asking about an adoption update and I'm sorry I didn't talk about it on Monday. Monday was the paternity hearing and the birth father's rights were terminated! WOO HOO!!!
I'm copying Molly's explanation of what's next as she's been thru this 3 times now. She is a pro at this and is so good at explaining it all!!
"Many of you don't know how this works...here's a quick rundown of domestic adoption.
Parental rights for both birth mom and birth father have to be either terminated or relinquished.
Once this happens, our agency then monitors us for 6 months until it is determined that the child is in a safe environment and doing well. So really, right now we are kind of like foster parents in that we don't have full custody of him, the agency does. At this point the birth parents cannot "change their mind". I can't tell you how many people worry about this for us. As long as we don't flunk this next 6 months, Turner will officially become a Satterfield sometime early next year!!!
God is Good...

Turner and his killer smile! He's really cooing now and I'm falling in love with him all over again
Last night John got home from his 1st out of town trip since Turner was born. Boy did we miss him! He was so cute and called about 10 times a day to check in on us. He swears Turner has changed in 3 days :)
Turner's new outfit from Aunt CC. Is he the best dressed baby in Norman or what?

Tummy Time with his giraffe!

This afternoon we had lunch with my sweet Daniela and her mom Blanca who is visiting from Mexico. We has such a nice visit and they got Turner 2 Spanish cds...one for the morning and one for bedtime!





3 comments:

Aunt CC said...

WOW Turner, you sure are a beautiful boy! You look GREAT in that outfit too.

XOXOX,
Aunt CC

Molly said...

I am cracking up! Glad you liked my explaination!

Holy cow, that Turner is such a hunk! I am still so jealous of that hair, Sadie still has so little! Are you putting anything in it? I didn't have to really do anything for the boys hair at that age, but they didn't have near that much hair! Let me know if you want some ideas for products to try.

Keep those pictures coming! He is so much more alert than Sadie! I love the smile pictures! Keep them coming!

Love, Molly

Becki Francy said...

Turner is beautiful. I have been keeping tabs on you through Molly's blog - I am molly's sister. He is beautiful. Molly is a pro on the adoption legalities. I think she can just go to court on her own and finalize her adoption!!!! Beautiful family, best wishes...