Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Mommy's headed to Memphis

I tear up just thinking about it, but on Thursday, I'm off to Memphis until Sunday. I will be spending the rest of the week/weekend at a leadership conference with nearly 1,000 college students from all over the US that are passionate about raising money for the kids at St. Jude and putting an end to childhood cancer! How cool is that?
I've been traveling ever since I went back to work, but something about this trip seems to be harder. Maybe it's the sweetest moment Turner and I shared last night. John had to go to Little Rock yesterday afternoon, so last night it was me and my little angel, Lexus & Mercy. Turner was even more of a snuggle bug than usual. As I was rocking and praying over him, his precious little sleepy eyes looked at me, he took his paci out of his mouth, his hands reached for my face and he kissed me....tears immediately welled up in my eyes...God knew it was just what I needed at that very moment. Then he fell fast asleep in my arms. God is so awesome! I am still in awe that HE chose us to raise such an amazing little baby boy. I love you to pieces Turner...and I'm going to miss you like crazy! Not a moment will go by that I'm not thinking about you and your papa. I'm so blessed to have such a "hands on" honey! He's the best so I'm not worried about Turner, it's going to be harder on me :) And Aunt CC is coming in Thursday & Friday to help out...so if he's not spoiled already, he'll be when I return home on Sunday!
Turner's sitter had to go out of town last minute this week, so Turner got to spend the day with Ashley and her beautiful little girls Addie and Vivi. He had so much fun with the girls. Vivi decided after playing with Turner, she wanted to have 10 babies...Addie on the other hand, wasn't so sure...she said she only wanted 2! Thank you Ash for helping me out!
Look mommy, my new tooth!

Lolly and Grams came up for the weekend to see their little guy! I absolutely LOVE this picture of Grams and Turner. Isn't my Grandma Rose beautiful....not only on the outside, but on the inside. I've said it before, but I'm truly blessed to have such a close relationship with my Grandma Rose and it makes my heart swell up at the fact that Turner is falling in love with his Great Grandma Rose too!
Pure happiness!
Turner "chillaxin" with his new cell phone and chair that Lolly & Pops gave him ....he thinks he's pretty hot stuff! This evening he climbed up in it and started bouncing on his bottom and a few seconds later stood up and started jumping on it...we're in trouble now!
Too sweet for words....
On Saturday morning, we had a family pool party with all of our adoption buddies who have trans-racial families! It was so much fun and I look forward to many more years of play days!


Turner being a silly boy and "playing it up" for the camera
So Turner apparently shares my obsession for mopping our hardwood floors!
Hope everyone has a wonderful week and please say a few extra prayers for me while I'm traveling!











6 comments:

Jamie said...

What a sweet little Turner gesture!! Melt my heart!!! I will be praying for safe travels and for it to go quickly so you can return to your sweet little man!

Jessica said...

I had a weekend full of sweet mama moments with Colt as I prepared for 4 days away on a business trip. He was in such a clingy, "I want mommy" mood and I loved it. Snuggles all around.

So my heart is aching as John calls me to talk to Colt. But I know it's good boy bonding time!

Turner is handsome as always! He's getting SO big! Love your playgroup! I know it's such a blessing to so many...especially my dear friends Josh, Aubrey, and baby M!

Laura said...

Oh what a sweet story and what a sweet baby boy!

Great pictures of your grandma Rose...she really is a pretty lady!

I know it will be hard to leave, but I hope you have a good time.

Molly said...

Love the pictures Chassidy! Oh my goodness that Turner is a pumpkin! My Sadie is a cuddle bug, but she sure is stingy with her kisses and saves them for her daddy! It's amazing to me all of the incredible emotions that our children bring. It's the most incredible gift by far.

Loved our playdate! Thanks for coming!

Sweet Patience said...

Chassidy,
He gave you a kiss!
That is just wonderful. I know you melted inside out. Just think, he is not even a year old and he is expressing his love for you already.
You are correct, that is all God! Have a safe trip. Hopefully, it will go by really fast and you can return home.

Aubrey said...

He is such a sweet baby boy!! I loved getting to see him in person at our play date! He is super cute!!!