Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Outraged!

John & I went to the movies a few weeks ago and I've been meaning to blog about this and vacation came and gone and I'm ashamed I haven't done it before now..but my dear friend, Molly http://www.shockleyfamily.blogspot.com/ posted her view point on the upcoming movie called Orphan which opens this Friday...and her view point was 110% with what was in my heart and she has such a way with words...so I'm copying her blog post word for word....







"Blake and I had a date night last week and actually had a nice long dinner and then enjoyed a movie. Before the previews came on I remembered reading about Orphan on another blog and I shared with Blake what I had read. Sure enough, we sat and watched the preview ourselves. I wanted to scream and throw up at the same time. This movie seems to easily stereotype orphans as something that most people already feared they were. There is so much negativity in the media about adoption, both international and domestic, already...to have this thrown in the mix was just more than my heart can handle.The premise of the movie is a 9 year old girl is adopted into a family and then starts terrorizing not only her family but everyone she comes into contact with. It's a horror movie to say the least. It's devastating to see that there are so many children without someone to give them love, and here we are in America making movies to scare anyone away from reaching out to them. Please, I beg you do not see this movie. If you will, you can easily sign this petition http://www.orphansdeservebetter.org/petition.html asking Warner Bros. to give some of their profits to help Orphans around the world."


Thanks Molly for letting me share your blog. There was an article in The Oklahoman yesterday about this movie and voices from many adoption advocates. There are an estimated 129,000 children in the US foster care system waiting to be adopted and that millions of children abroad are also needing adoptive families. When will all the hate and negativity stop. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE sign the petition..it takes less than 30 seconds and please do not go watch this movie.

5 comments:

Lollynpops said...

Thank you Chas and Molly for making us aware of this. Can't wait to see you this weekend. Love you Lolly

Sweet Patience said...

Thanks for sharing this.I have not seen this movie yet.

Molly said...

It hit me again this morning how wrong we are in America...we make movies like Orphan and at the same time are considering using tax payers money to fund abortions.

What is wrong with our country? It seriously makes me sick to my stomach!

Thanks for being a voice for so many in sharing this!

Jamie said...

Chassidy,

Thank you for posting this link. I had read about the movie but wasn't aware of the petition out there. It makes me sick to my stomach and makes my heart ache. I hope you don't mind but I have shared the link with some friends encouraging them to take action.

On a happy note I am so glad you had a wonderful time on vacation!!

Aunt CC said...

You all are on top of things and how greatful I am to you both...Keep up Gods work...I love you Chass:)