Thursday, June 23, 2011

A precious life remembered

Well the day finally came when Grams went to meet Jesus. Last Friday, Crystal, the kids and I had already planned to head to Perryton to see Grams. She had asked to be put in hospice on Monday as she was in severe pain and ready to go "home." She passed peacefully some time between 4:30-5:00 pm, a hour before we made it to Perryton. I have no doubt in my mind that was "her plan" as she didn't want us to see her in the hospital. We were blessed to have all been home only 2 short weeks prior to love on her. As hard as it was to officially say good-bye I have such peace in my heart that she is in heaven making cakes, dancin, and playing cards with a host of family & friends.


I love you Grams and miss you already!


But so thankful God chose you to be my Grandma! You forever blessed my life~taught me about grace, humility, living a Christian life, gratitude, and most of all unconditional love! I look forward to the day we meet again.



It was my wish that she live long enough to meet our sweet Lydia. Grams was crazy about her!
Christmas 2010, Grams was feeling so crummy but as always managed to put "her face on" and smile! If my Grams taught me one thing, it was to ALWAYS wear lipstick :) Even in her last days, she made mom promise to come up to the hospital and put makeup on her! So like Grams :)

When we went over to Grams house on Saturday morning, Turner immediately ran to her recliner and said "Grams." Even at 2, Turner knew and loved his Grandma Rose. He loved playing with her cell phone, her magnifying glass, her Mickey Mouse music chime, and most of all her walker!


Grams bought Turner his 1st pair of cowboy boots in Amarillo when we took her to a doctors appointment



Grams was there for all the special occasions..this was Turner's Gotcha Day. Doesn't she look beautiful?


With all the grandkids minus Lydia & Conley. They were her pride & joy


I always loved her hands...reminded me so much of Great Grandma Lydia



1st time to meet sweet Lydia


Thanksgiving 2010



I always loved Grams in pink!




Every time I see a Rose I will remember my Grams~ soft, delicate, and dainty just like a rose!



Grandma Rose gave me this doll for my 3rd Birthday. I named her Lydia after my great-grandma. You think Grams knew one day I'd have a sweet little brown baby named Lydia



This is the last picture I took of Grandma Rose and Lydia. I will cherish it forever. I love how

they are both looking at each other with such happiness Turner LOVED tickling Grandma. I have the funniest videos of him tickling her chin and neck :) Such sweet memories I want him to always remember




God saw her getting tired and a cure was not to be
So he put his arms around her
And whispered “Come with me”
With tearful eyes, we watched her and saw her pass away
And though we love her dearly
We could not make her stay
A golden heart stopped beating
Hard working hands were put to rest
God broke our hearts to prove to us
He only takes the “BEST.”

I love you Grandma Rose!






























1 comment:

Aunt CC said...

Me too and well said