Thursday, August 12, 2010

Brotherly Love

Last week we were blessed to keep Jordan, Turner's half brother, for a few days while Charlene was having sweet baby Trinity. To say this week was special was an understatement. I was humbled, blessed, heart broken, and inspired all from being around a precious 6 year old little boy. We had a fun filled week with Jordan...we are hoping to have play dates at least once a month. It is very important to us that Turner and Jordan have a relationship. It was so neat to watch these 2 play with one another. Jordan definitely understands adoption, Turner is still too young...but there is NO denying these boys know they are brothers. They instantly bonded...you'll be able to see it in the pictures below. We all fell in love with Jordan and are so excited he's part of our family- I've already spoken to him 2 times this week...he certainly has me wrapped around his finger

Jordan is definitely a mommy's boy! I told him he could pick out a toy at Walmart...and he asked if instead of him getting a toy, he wanted to get his mom and baby Trinity a gift....MELT MY HEART! He is so gracious and is always thinking about others before himself. So wise beyond his age

Jordan's favorite breakfast is pancakes...John was so precious and stayed home late one morning to make pancakes for us! Jordan was in heaven...he loved helping John stir and pour the mix!


My cup runneth over


Jordan and his new sister

Turner and Jordan got to experience going to the movies for the 1st time together- We saw Despicable Me...it was pretty cute and both of the boys were angels! We all enjoyed popcorn and soda!

One morning we had donuts!

Is that not the sweetest thing ever....Turner snuggled right up next to Jordan

This one makes me tear up too....can't you just see the love in their eyes for one another

On Tuesday, not only did we get to play with Jordan all day but we also got to meet up with Braxton and Molly...and oh what a joy that was! Molly looks amazing and Braxton is a little love bug! They are both doing very well....and I have no doubt Braxton is exactly where God wants him to be. It was so refreshing to visit with Molly...that evening we were texting back and forth and she asked if her and Braxton could call me "Aunt Chass"....talk about being speechless~ Wow wow wow! I would have never dreamed I'd get to experience the things we have with adoption...but man oh man how blessed I am to have walked down this path. It has stretched me more than I could have imaged in my wildest dreams..made me a better Christian, mother, daughter, wife and friend.

1st round of the "Dance off" competition!

Jordan and Chucky Cheese

I'm so glad I had my camera close by to capture this moment....both the boys were playing in the water and then all of a sudden started hugging....I can't explain the connection these 2 brothers have~ it's pretty cool!

Last time we met at the zoo, Jordan was a little unsure of the birds...not this time!

Brotherly love FOREVER!
















5 comments:

Ashley L said...

Those are precious pictures!! It's awesome that they will be able to have a relationship! Thanks for sharing the new pics and update!!!

Molly said...

Love, love, love this post. I hear ya sister on so many different levels. Don't you feel like you are privileged that God CHOSE you for adoption??? Just like you said, you know Him in such a different way than before and it's changed every part of who you are and the life that you lead.

I believe once I told you, get ready Chass...God's getting ready to bless your socks off. I wasn't lying and I think He's about to do it again!

Aunt CC said...

These pictures blow my heart into so mmany directions! Your family will be blessed in many ways I may never understand, but what a testement to faith and Gob show his love for all in many unique ways. I love you and cant wiat to see yall tom. ! XOXO Aunt CC

mckenziegordon said...

I don't know if you remember me or not, but we met at the DPAS seminar in February. I found your blog through Molly Shockley and have so loved reading about your sweet family! Since we met you last winter, we were matched, placed and have had our baby boy, Tucker since April. Thank you for sharing your beautiful journey! Hope to catch up with you soon.

Allison Tonsing said...

Love love love this post! Thank you for being so open and honest about your family's relationship with an open adoption :) I hope you don't mind but I forwarded your blog on to my best friend who's currently in the process of a domestic adoption. She just finished her home study and is really excited and inspired by your story and journey. Thanks Chass - I love keeping up with you :) I can't believe how big Turner is getting!! He's so tall!