Monday, August 31, 2009

Leaving on a jet plane!

Bright and early Thursday morning, John & l left for Milwaukee to attend one of my dearest friend's wedding. We had such a nice weekend getaway. If you have never been to Milwaukee, I highly recommend it. The high temp was in the lower 70's...you gotta love that brisk fall weather!
Maureen's wedding was amazing to say the least and she was a gorgeous bride! I love weddings....I get butterflies if it were my own wedding day again...and it is such a awesome reminder of my love for my adorable husband!
Our weekend was filed with sight seeing, eating delish foods, and seeing great friends. Here are a few pictures that highlight our weekend trip! Enjoy
Shot from the window seat on the plane!
Maureen and Ed are a match made in heaven. He compliments her in every way a husband should! I am so thankful for her friendship over the years and couldn't be more happy for her. She deserves the best....and she found it!
Maureen and Ed got married in the oldest Catholic church in Milwaukee...pictures certainly don't do Old St. Mary's justice. It was breath taking...I love all of the rich history found in Catholic churches
One of the big highlights of the weekend was John finally getting to meet many of my wonderful co-workers from across the country. We had so much fun with old friends in Milwaukee!

Look at the brave studly man! Isn't he a hunk!

Getting ready to head over to the church for Maureen & Ed's special day

I am so blessed not only to work for an amazing cause I believe in but work along side some of the most extraordinary women you can find! And I was so glad they finally got to meet my honey!

Trouble!
Enjoying the rocks on Lake Michigan
Our 1st tourist stop...the Milwaukee Museum of Art. It was absolutely amazing!!
Patiently waiting for the museum to open
John and his new friend...the wax janitor
Beautiful blown glass sculpture at the museum
To say the least, we had a wonderful time but were so ready to see our little guy!













1 comment:

Aunt CC said...

ok well I'm a bit late on the last post,but wow I was amazed when Turner would smile, sit, stand and then off to the races! before you know it, he's around the corner...yes i left a small H2O bowl for the dogs in th kitchen and before i could pick it up...well lets just say Turner gave himself a second bath!! I had so much fun with him this weekend and with the pics. Sorry dad spoiled the suprise! Oh well, I hope you have a blessed week! give the little man kisses from his Aunt CC