Sunday, January 27, 2013

When the wind blows....

Boy did the wind blow this weekend.....and low and behold our pastor did a sermon about wind today....and oh how it hit home.  To keep it simple basically the "wind" is always going to blow in our lives. The wind can be struggles, battles, disappointments and heart aches.  And we need to be ready for the wind by building our foundation on rock....yes remember that Bible story! 
Lately I feel like I'm in the middle of a wind storm ....a sweet friend of mine is fighting for her life while her 4 precious children are at home missing their mommy, another dear friend is going thru a horrible divorce that is shaking her world, another whom wants a child so badly, and then there is a sweet little 9 year old who is crying out for help and I feel helpless.....

The wind will blow....but will I allow it destroy or refresh me? 
 So for today....we decided the wind wasn't going to make our day miserable. The wind actually made our day GREAT!! (Jordan's 1st time to fly a kite)
 I too want my children to be ready for the wind.....and build their foundation on Jesus Christ.  Love their neighbors, forgive those who hurt them, be generous not only with their money but with their time, and love the Lord with all their sweet hearts!
~ The wind will blow, I can never figure it out, but I can certainly be ready when it comes.  I truly believe God allows wind to test our faith and trust in him~
~Be still oh heart ~

 God can do anything, you know- far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams.  He does it not but pushing us around, but by working within us, his Spirit deeply and gently within us.  Glory to God!  Eph 3:20&21
 Looking back over the last few years, I am so grateful and thankful for those windy seasons in my life.  No they weren't always easy or fun but I walked away from each of those storms a little more grateful, a whole lot faithful, and certainly stronger!
 So today we praised God for the wind!
and had a blast laughing, smiling, and
being silly with the ones we love!

1 comment:

mckenziegordon said...

I love you sweet friend! These pictures with Jordan just make my heart ache for you guys. You do such a wonderful job of loving him and going above and beyond to be a break in the wind for him. Praying.