Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter BLESSINGS

What a fun and extra special Easter weekend we had! We went to Easter service on Saturday night then had a yummy dinner afterwards. We were blessed to celebrate Easter this year with Turner's birth mom, brother and sister! It was something I have dreamed about and was better in real life than I could have imagined.

All dressed up for Easter
Charlene, Jordan, Trinity and Turner~At one point at the beginning of the service, John & I couldn't hold back the tears...it was incredible to be worshiping our risen savor with Charlene. We are so blessed to have the bond we have with her and her kids~ I couldn't imagine it any other way.

Pretty in Pink


My handsome little man

Sweet little Trinity aka our Easter Bunny

Jordan taking a break from hunting eggs to poise for a picture

On Friday afternoon, we went to visit my sister's 4th grade class. Aunt CC had planned a big pep rally for the entire school to get the kids pumped up for the state testing next week! It was so much fun and we are so proud of all that she does to make a lasting impression on her students!

Enjoying a hug from Aunt CC and a root beer float!

Aunt CC's crazy class!


Say cheese!

We even got to see Uncle E

This little boy cracks me up! When he's all dressed up and looking sharp he NEVER wants his picture taken...but in the morning with stinky breath, messed up hair and pj's on...he's all about it!

Yes notice that sissy is in her bouncy seat - he wants to be right where she is :)

Another pic of Lydia on her Gotcha Day -I couldn't resist posting


I love this picture!!!

When I was 3 years old (1980) my Grandma Rose gave me this little doll and I named it Lydia after my great grandmother....after all these years, my mom kept it and gave it to Lydia for Christmas. Is it a coincidence I was given a brown baby and named her Lydia over 30 years ago or did God already know I'd be blessed with a baby just like this...I think he was already planting seeds :)

Turner is really loving being a big brother! He wants to help with everything...including feeding "Idia"

And Lydia is such a good sport to let her brother feed her....he makes a big mess but it's nothing that a wet wipe can't clean up!

Well ABSOLUTELY AMAZING would sum up our weekend! While we missed being with Lolly, Pops, Grandma Judy and Aunt CC for Easter, we wouldn't trade our weekend with Charlene and the kids for anything. It's one of those precious memories we will cherish for years to come and hope we can make it a family tradition!








































4 comments:

Aunt CC said...

oh so cute! we had a blast when you all visited our room. we love you and will see you next weekend
xoxo
CC

Melodie said...

what a great weekend for you guys! and the story about the babydoll made my mouth drop open. these are the stories our kids can cling to when we explain that God put our families through adoption. i think that babydoll is a powerful story for Lydia's life. so amazing!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you all had a weekend made of memories! Love the pictures and your narration, Chassiday. We missed you all this weekend, but I know you had a very special one, too. Aunt Rinday

Ashley L said...

What a great update!! So glad you had a wonderful Easter! I can't believe your Lydia doll. We do serve an Awesome God!! Love you sweet friend!