Thursday, November 18, 2010

What's new at our house!

I could write a novel tonight but choosing to only give you a glimpse at all the blessings over the last several days :)
Lydia Kaye Satterfield blessed this world on Tuesday, November 16 at 5:35 pm
What's in a name? Well, so glad you asked
Lydia was my precious great grandmothers name who I was very close with and Kaye is "K's" middle name. We had originally decided on Brianna Lydia, but we all decided we LOVED Lydia Kaye just a little more :)
One of the sweetest things I witnessed today! Turner is in LOVE~~
Like father like son!
Sorry this one is out of order, but I have to brag on my not so little boy :) He is going on the big boy potty. We have a "pee pee in the potty " song and dance we do before and after the "event" Of course Turner and I made them both up ~
Just minutes after Lydia was born. ~ I had the honor of being in the room to witness the shear awesomeness of Lydia's birth! The Dr. even let me cut the cord! John stood right outside the door and heard it all :)
~~~Weigh in time~~~
I was so over whelmed with emotions after Lydia was born that our wonderful nurse had to keep saying to me "This is a perfect picture, get out your camera" Little did she know, I took her advise and took over 200 pictures in less than 24 hours :)
One blessed and thankful mommy!
And one blessed Daddy
My little love bugs :) Haven't gotten a picture of the 4 of us just yet :)

Relaxing in daddy's chair
His shirt today said "The coolest brother" and boy has that been the truth! Turner loves feeding his "idia" aka Lydia. He's been such a good helper today and can't get enough of his little sissy
Headed to our 1st doctor's appointment this morning~Dr.Fields said she was a perfect little angel!
K gave Lydia this very special outfit for pictures and to come home in. I absolutely love it...it's so delicate and what a precious gift she will cherish forever :)

K getting our little princess all pretty for pictures


These last few days have been amazing...oh all the wonderful memories that have been made and all the precious visits K and I had Tuesday all through the night...I wouldn't change them for the world...I have so much respect for this women..she is such an amazing mother with a compassionate heart and sweet and gentle spirit. I am so honored her family is now our family!


I have so many more sweet stories and pictures of all of Lydia's brothers and sisters and K that when the time is right I'll share those too....they are breath taking...you can see and feel all the love surrounding this little angel.
Thank you all our amazing friends who have faithfully praying for not only us but "K"...we all felt God's presence and love the entire time. We are blessed beyond words












17 comments:

Aunt CC said...

She is a doll! GG Busch, I know, is so honored to have this little one with her name. I cant wait to meet her and get some kisses from my little man T. I love you Chass and John.

xoxo
Aunt CC and E

mckenziegordon said...

Oh my gosh she is perfect! So sweet!! We are so excited for your family and have been praying all week! Seriously this post brought tears to my eyes. Congratulations!!!

Molly said...

SHE'S BROWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh my word!!! I am dying and in love already. I so wanted to know if she was gonna match Turner and my heart is jumping for joy over this sweetheart! Oh Chass...I can't wait to see you all in person. I love these sweet pics and thank you so much for taking and posting even though I know you are tired.

Love, love, love you. Sending our love from the Shockley 6!

Aubrey said...

I had the same thoughts as Molly!! How exciting! She is GORGEOUS!!! What a little blessing she is!! Congratulations to your sweet and beautiful family!! I am SO excited for you all!!!!

Brantley Family said...

I've been stalking your blog waiting for pictures! She's precious! Congrats! Blessings to your and your growing family as well as "K" and her family! Congratulations again!!

Niki & Mike said...

Love the precious pics...she IS a perfect angel. We're so excited for you and John and think you two are the most loving parents with the biggest, open hearts! We love you guys and can't wait to meet the new lil' sister!

Annie said...

Congratulations!!! So happy for you, John and Turner!!! Can't wait to meet this precious angel.

Betty S. said...

We are so happy for your family. Lydia is so precious. Adoption is truly an amazing experience and our baby is a week older. Thank you for posting.

becky sturgell said...

She is beautiful! Tears of joy are running down my cheeks right now, God is so good. We couldn't be any happier for you all. Love you guys.

Katie L said...

She is such a doll! You are a lucky gal for having such a loving family. Sooo happy for you!

Melodie said...

i've been hoping to see an update soon on your family. she is a beauty and i absolutely LOVE the name Lydia. i don't say that often, but i love her little name. and it's so special that she is named after someone so special in your life. congratulations to your family of 4!

Allison Tonsing said...

Congrats congrats!!! I too have been 'stalking' the blog since Tuesday. Thanks for updating! The pic of Turner and Lydia is priceless. I'm sooo happy for your family of 4!

Kristy said...

I have been checking your blog to see if good news had come so excited to see it had!! I read your blog all the time your family is precious and what a doll baby! Congrats!!!!

Grammy said...

Congratulations on your sweet, sweet blessings!

susan d said...

Chassidy and John,

Your loving spirit and warmth shine through again - what a beautiful family you have. Turner is such a reflection of your love and I'm sure that Lydia will be as well. Enjoy your beautiful family.

Susan

Sweet Patience said...

Congratulations!
She is a real life doll baby! Thanks for posting the updates and pictures. I am so behind!

Ward World said...

I stumbled across your blog! Congratulations on your new addition. As someone that is adopted myself, it's so neat to see what a miracle and joy adoption is! I was adopted in Oklahoma too...=)