Monday, April 19, 2010

NT40

At Church we have been challenged with reading the New Testament in 40 days starting Easter until Memorial Day...well if I am being completely honest, I wasn't real excited to start this challenge... work has been crazy, I am doing a Beth Moore bible study with daily homework, then the day to day "chores" of life....so I didn't start on Easter as planned....but I did find the motivation to start last night! And I'm so glad I did...as a matter of fact, I've enjoyed it so much I did 5 days worth of reading in one night! They have broken it out so it's like reading a book instead of verse by verse! And I'm LOVING IT!! I am loving reading about all the miracles our mighty savor performed. One parable I loved re-reading was about the seeds being dropped by the farmer...some seeds were dropped on the path, some fell on rock, and some fell among thorns and then some fell on good soil. Lesson of the parable: Seeds are the word of God. The ones that fall on the rocks are the ones who receive the word with joy when they hear it , but they have no root. They believe for a while but when times of testing come, they fall away. The seeds among the thorns stand for those who hear but as they go on their way they are choked by life's worries, riches and pleasures and do not mature! OUCH!!! The seeds on good soil stands for those with a noble and good hearts who hear the word & retain it! Please Lord help me be the seeds on good soil!!
Well we had another family filled weekend! My parents, Grandma Rose and Crystal came down again this weekend to work on wedding invitations and Crystal got fitted in her wedding dress....She looks STUNNING! Eric is going to be crying like a baby when he sees her!! We had such a good time! Grams is feeling really good and we put her to work!!
Here are a few pictures from the weekend and the zoo last week!

The birds in the new Children's Zoo...I LOVE the new addition to the zoo!
Turner wasn't quiet as excited about the pretty birds!

But he did LOVE the goats...he pet every single one...I think he thought they were dogs!
Too cool for school!
His favorite part was the "river" He loved taking off his shoes and playing in the water!
His 1st Jamba Juice!
I tell you, Turner is the most considerate little kiddo! Look how he is loving on Mercy and shared his blanket to cover up Lexus!
Turner telling Grandma Rose a BIG story!!
Turner playing the drums for Grandma and Grandma dancin to the beat!












3 comments:

domnikole said...

Hi my name is Domonique and I was just checking out your page because I am a Christian and I love to find someone with the same beliefs as myself. By the way your son is absolutely adorable and his room was the cutest I've ever seen lol. Stop by and post a comment sometime on my page! fast-100 xpps

Aunt CC said...

Chass I had such a grfeat time this weekend...thank you for all your help in the planning of the wedding....you have made every wish come true:) I also loved the time we shared as a family with Grams she is the light of my worlod and i know yours too. Turner bring it out in her!!!! love you and see you in a few weeks.

Ashley L said...

Chas, thanks for sharing about your study! That was the same parable we ended our Bible study on a few weeks ago and it was a good reminder!! LOVE the new pictures especially those with Grandma Rose!! I can't tell who was having more fun! So cute!!!