Sunday, January 24, 2010

Up close and personal!

My heart is on fire for adoption! It seems like everywhere I turn, I'm meeting or hearing of how adoption has touched some one's life and it gives me chills! Last week while I was in Memphis I ran into one of my co-workers who shared her adoption journey with me....although they adopted internationally, our stories were so much alike....it was just so cool to see God working in their lives! We could have stood there for hours and traded stories, but soon realized we actually had work to do!

In a few weeks, John & I, along with a few other families, are blessed to share our adoption journey with families considering adoption...we've done this 2 other times, but I'm just super excited about this time. I think it's because lately, it has been so heavy on my heart to share about adopting a child that may not "look" exactly like you. I pray I will get my message across without coming off as too "preachy."


Any how....here are a few "up close and personal" pictures of my little love bug!

Is this not the sweetest thing you've ever seen...Turner giving his papa kisses through the window!


On Saturday, Turner, John & I went to the Omniplex. Turner & I have been a few times with "C" but never with John...it was so much fun! Turner loves that place and so do I...he can just run wild!!

Turner's new love for ice!

Turner is taking after me & his Grandma Judy...he loves to watch the birds

My little cutie pie :)





3 comments:

Aunt CC said...

love the new pics and cant wait to see you all this weekend! YOu both are such great parents and a answer to Gods blessings! Turner is one lucky little boy and he will forever be "My little Man" LOL love yall much

Molly said...

I am so glad you are getting to go to the seminar! I wish we could be there too!

Isn't it amazing how quickly God can move you from grieving not having bio babes, to being completely bonkers about adoption? So much so that you can't quit talking about it, you feel it deep in your chest, like this has always been a part of your calling and passion? Isn't that just like God? Something that we see initially, as "not the plan" becomes one of God's richest blessings to where you think you might cry just talking about your miracle baby???

So glad you are feeling every part of this adoption stuff. It gets you at your core, huh?

And, HELLO, there could not be a more beautiful spokesperson!!!!

Debbie Felix said...

Turner is a cute pie for sure!!
I love all of these sweet pics!
Give him hugs and kisses from us.
Love,
Aunt Deb