Wednesday, September 9, 2009

11 months and some change

It's so hard to believe this past Sunday, Turner was 11 months old! He weighs 22 lbs and 8 oz. He is no longer just walking...he runs!! He has 4 toothies...2 bottom ones and 2 of his "fangs" up top. He is still my little love bug who enjoys bath time, book time, snuggling with mommy & papa and being outside. He adores his 2 sissys. He can shake his head no, say book, jabbers all the time and has recently learned how to give Eskimo kisses to mommy! He likes to eat chicken patties at Ms Kathy's, green beans, cheese, peaches, carrots and watermelon. Every day he does something new or looks at me with those sweet little eyes and I fall in love all over again. John & I were talking last night about how wonderful our lives are with our precious Turner in it.


Over Labor day weekend, we decided to pack our bags and make a little road trip to the cabin in Eureka Springs...our home away from home! We had wonderful family time with no interruptions! Here are just a few of the things we did.....

We......

...had a little melt down when Daddy said no to drinking out of the dog bowl

...explored the deck finding lots of fall leaves and sticks

...played with his new toy dog...Turner loves pulling her around on her leash. Every time we go to the cabin we have to make our one stop to Fred's. If you're not familiar with Fred's it's a notch above the Dollar Store! It's awesome for cheap toys!

....played with our activity table. Doesn't he look so tall in this picture

...relaxed in Grandma & Grandpa's hammock

...played with sticks...yes I have decided Turner is ALL BOY! and I love it

...was fascinated with all the interesting leaves

....enjoyed the beautiful fall weather on the deck


On Sunday while John was painting, Turner & I enjoyed some quiet time rocking in the hammock....It's so refreshing to relax and simply enjoy nature. I enjoyed hearing the birds singing, walnuts dropping to the ground, finch wings fluttering, woodpeckers pecking, locus' chirping, wind rustling thru the leaves, crows calling, all while my little boy was fast asleep in my arms with his gentle breath on my neck. My life is amazing!


...saw strange bugs

...visited Uncle Charles and Aunt Georgia & read one of Aunt Georgia's many magazines

...smiled and flirted with all the pretty ladies while eating in Eureka


....went shopping with mommy & papa

And last but not least...watched the OSU Cowboys WIN!!!
Go Pokes!

















6 comments:

Lollynpops said...

How adorable, he is growing way to fast. Can't wait to see him again soon. You and John are such good parents. I am so glad that you got away for the weekend. See you soon, love Lolly

Jamie said...

I can't believe he is almost a year old! What a handsome little boy he is!!! So glad you got to get away and relax!!

Laura said...

Gosh, he does look tall in these pics....and I can't believe he will be one soon!

I pictured you in the hammock with Turner sleeping on you while you enjoyed your cuddle time :) Those are great memories, and I'm glad you wrote it down...

Sounds like a great trip!

Deonne said...

Can't believe he is 11 months! Looks like you all had a wonderful weekend! Loved all the sweet pics!

Molly said...

I love me some Turner! Thanks for sharing these wonderful memories with us and the incredible pictures. You guys are so good at slowing down and soaking this time in your lives up.

Hope to see you Saturday!

Aunt CC said...

love the new pics...and those tears.."Turner you need to stay with your Aunt CC, I'll NEVER say no!"