Monday, May 11, 2009

My cup runeth over....

For several years I always dreaded Mother's Day...I would think of reason I couldn't go to church on this special day because my heart ached so badly. How I longed to stand up and be recognized with all the mother's. Well that time of dreading Mother's Day is now passed. I no longer fought back tears of sadness this Sunday..but yet quiet the opposite. I had tears of joy as I held my sweet little Turner close to my heart. I had to be the proudest mom in the sanctuary! Oh how my heart was with all those birth mothers & women who long to be mothers. I will never forget that feeling of emptiness nor take for granted the blessings of motherhood. I am forever changed.
Speaking of birth mothers....late last week we got a call from our adoption agency that we had been praying for. "C" called and wants to see us! I started bawling the second I got the call...I'm certain the people in the airport thought I was crazy! Our prayers have been answered. Although C has had a rough couple of weeks, she is safe and is ready to see us. So this Wednesday, we will celebrate a belated Mother's Day with her. I can hardly wait to see her face when she sees Turner. My cup runeth over with gratitude for this women who chose us to raise and love her son.
So this afternoon while I was doing a couple of chores, I let Turner play in his bed and I heard him giggling...and this is what I found....
On the 6th marked Turner's 7 month birthday. I can't believe that 7 months have already passed. He's growing like a weed...pushing 20 lbs, eating stage 2 foods (getting ready to graduate to stage 3) , crawling, walking with support, can say da da, ba ba, etc, still loves to read books, snuggle with mommy & papa and have his hair played with. His favorite toy is his dog Maxx, he's taking big boy baths in the big boy tub and loves to take walks. Each day seems to bring something new. He gets more and more fun every single day!
I love you Turner....you make my heart melt. I am so blessed to be your mommy

I am starting to question why we have all these toys for Turner....his favorite ones are the "real "telephone, my blackberry, the real remote, and my camera! I captured this picture right as he was reaching for the lens.
He no longer wants to sit down...he's pulling up on everything and wanting to stand all the time! He is one busy bee!
He looks so old in this picture!
Not sure what kind of face he was making here....maybe he was making a "present" :)
Mommy's little love bug
We spent a fun filled evening with Grandma, Grandpa, Aunt Kelly, Uncle Heath and Reese for Mother's Day. I am so blessed to have not only a wonderful mother but also a Godly mother in law who I have learned so much from. I can only hope and pray that when Turner's time comes, I will be as wonderful of a mother in law as Judy is to me! Happy Mother's Day mom & Judy.

Pucker up Mommy!

All gums.....and still no teeth

Grandma Rose & Aunt CC...this video is for you :) Go Turner Go!


4 comments:

Brantley Family said...

Look at him go! There's no stopping him now!! Happy Mother's day!!!

Lollynpops said...

Lolly and Pops runeth over also! I was a Grandma this Mothers Day, it just does not get much better than that!!I can't believe that 2 weeks ago he was just trying to crawl. Before long he will be walking all over. Love all the pics. Love Lolly

Laura said...

What a sweet little man!

I am so happy for you that you get to see Momma C. We got to meet Momma G today and it was so neat to finally meet her. It's so neat to see ALL that goes into adoption...from the amazing mothers who choose adoption to the incredible parents that await those children.

Thanks for sharing your story and your journey....

Felix Family said...

What a SPECIAL Mom's day you must of had!!!

I just love all the pics of Turner. HE sure is growing and changing. What a sweetie...give him kisses for us!

Love, B