Friday, November 9, 2012

My heart yearns...


We've had lots of "Jordan time" over the last 2 weekends - its been wonderful, heart breaking, inspiring and humbling
 It has left me hopeful, hopeless, mad, sad, happy and confused
 One of the biggest blessings out of Turner's adoption has been the relationship we have with his older brother Jordan
 John & I have been intentional about investing and planting seeds of Love, Christ, and Grace in Jordan's heart...but is that enough?
 I have to admit it has been consuming me lately.  I can't fully grasp why but I'm not at peace.... I want so much more for this precious boy.  I don't want to over step our boundaries or ruin the relationships we have worked so hard to build....  therefore I am torn and often left questioning God....
 I pray every single night for Him to reveal the "role" he wants us to play in Jordan's life...I know what my heart wants~ but I want what God wants.....
So for now, we just love on and enjoy this boy and pray that God's hand is protecting, guiding, and molding him into a boy who loves the Lord and let's his light shine bright. 

2 comments:

Molly said...

I love you Chass. You girl, have a heart for Jesus. Think about how much you care for Jordan, and Turner and Lydia. Then think about how much GOd yearns for and aches for us?!?! When I think about what God is putting in front of my family with fostercare I think about how heartwrenching it will be to see children move from our home into less stable situations, but they are better than what they were before DHS stepped in. The hardest thing we have to do as parents and let go of our children, whether its one's He has given us for life, or for just a short time. It is consuming huh? That's such a good description. I am praying with you that you will know clearly what God is calling you to...

mckenziegordon said...

Praying for you and for Jordan. The way you all freely love him is such a blessing to his little life. He is seeing Jesus through you all and he notices the difference. Love you!