Wednesday, July 25, 2012

A weekend we will never forget!

2 weekends ago Lydia's birth family came and spent the entire weekend at our house!  And boy did we have fun!  I can't even express how blessed we are to have such a special relationship with them.  If you would have told me 4 years ago when we started the adoption journey we would have not only 1 but 2 open adoptions...I would have laughed and say"No way."  See when we started the process one of the things I was crazy  nervous about was having an open adoption.  As with most things I'm nervous or uncertain about, I prayed like crazy for God to prepare my heart for whatever relationship he had in store for us and our birth families.  Well he certainly prepared my heart and I couldn't imagine life without them! 
THANK YOU JESUS!

Our weekend was filled with eating hot dogs at the Red hawks game, nearly sweating to death at the same baseball game, a early morning trip to the zoo, lots of time in the back yard, posing for pictures to amuse me, and much much more!  Enjoy all the pictures
 Our 1st stop at the zoo, the rhinos
 Taking a little break from the heat to say cheese!
 Two cool dudes! With a lazy gorilla in the back ground
 our weekend was filled with more hugs than we could count!
 waiting patiently for the sea lion show at the zoo!
 how many kids can you fit in a blow up pool!  Hoping next summer we will have a real pool to splash around in
 Despite the heat, the water was COLD!
 All the kids LOVE John's bacon!  We ate 2 lbs of peppered crunchy bacon :)
 Antonio got his 1st taste of country livin by mowing the front yard.  Boy do I wish he lived closer
 Such cuties
 Turner and Zacharia thought they needed a turn on the lawn mower too!
 This little guy is the biggest flirt...even though he acts like he doesn't like my kisses, he secretly does!
 This jeep provided hours of entertainment
 Watch out world, a crazy driver is on the loose
 So blessed my mom was able to come and enjoy the weekend with us!  She too fell in love with our family

 I LOVE this picture....such love and contentment

 Once again, it's a joke trying to get everyone to look at the camera at the same time.  Maybe one of these days I can capture it :)
 Silly boys
We are already planning for a camp out in the fall when the weather is a bit cooler!

No comments: