Friday, June 15, 2012

Lydia, you're our wish come true!

I never want to forget what an answer to prayers sweet Lydia Kaye was to our family. After a long journey of waiting and a failed adoption which left us beyond heart broken, we were blessed by "K" and her choice to choose adoption for her unborn baby girl.  Through it all, I have been stretched more than I ever dreamed of (and some days more than I ever wished for) but I wouldn't change 1 SINGLE thing...through each trial God's grace was sufficient and he was faithful beyond belief! We serve a mighty savior who knows our heart's desire...I learned sometimes I needed to simply BE STILL AND KNOW HE is GOD!
Isn't she gorgeous!  I get stopped just about everywhere I go. 
 Lydia loves her sleep! 
 She can't function without at least 1 nap and she still likes to go to be at 7:00 pm.  She typically sleeps thru the night and is up bright and early around 6:00 am
 She loves to snuggle and yes, she still has a paci :)
 And she smiles & talks all the time!  She repeats everything we say and can count to 3. She knows her hands, feet, eyes, nose, mouth, and tummy. 
 Her favorite foods include frozen blueberries, grill cheese sandwiches, mac n cheese, brisket, popscicles, steak, salmon, spagetti, and of course cheerios
 She adores her big brother!  Especially when he snuggles with her

Lately, I've been  asked alot if they are "real brothers and sisters"  For the past 20 months, I would politely say "not biological but yes they are siblings" then one day it hit me like a ton of bricks...YES they are siblings, it doesn't matter if they are biological or not. I never want the kids to doubt they are "real" siblings...so from that day on, I say "Yep they sure are aren't we blessed!" 
 Sis loves playing in the sprinkler & her baby pool!
 She is constantly making funny faces that make us laugh! 
 Lydia and one of her favorite babysitters - Lane
 Lydia's hair is getting so curly and it's beautiful!  I have tried a few different ways of fixing it but I love the natural look the best!  Pantene leave in conditioner for women of color seems to work the best for now
 Lydia has a full mouth of teeth- 18 to be exact.  She, unlike her brother, loves to brush them!
 Cute in pig tails!
 Cheese!!!
 Lydia LOVES to be outside! 
 I think we have a future All Star on our hands!
 Peek a boo
 I love her soft brown skin
Lydia loves to sing & dance
Her best friend is her brother 
She doesn't leave the house without her stuffed dog Missy
She loves to get kisses from Mercy & Lexus
She loves to give kisses too
She lights up when her daddy walks into the room-he's her hero
Her favorite toys are her baby stroller, her baby dolls, and Turner's race cars

Lydia you are the light of our life!!  So blessed to be your mommy!

2 comments:

Melodie said...

she has to be one of the most beautiful little girls i've ever seen. no joke! and what a blessing she is to your family!

mckenziegordon said...

Man oh man is she perfect! Those pigtails are super cute, but they make her look so big. Truly beautiful girl!